Dr Cyra Neave studied psychology at The University of York and then went on to do a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology at Royal Holloway University. She has over ten years’ experience of working as a Clinical Psychologist in the National Health Service working as part of the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service. Dr Neave developed a special interest in working with Children and Adolescents early in her career and has since worked in inpatient, outpatient and community settings. She has a particular interest in working in the community and has spent many years working in schools throughout London, in both Primary and Secondary settings.
Cyra has experience of working with individuals, families and groups as well as providing training and consultation. Cyra also has experience of supervision to trainee and qualified psychologists as well as other professionals.
Cyra is trained in a variety of therapeutic approaches and draws on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Systemic and Solution Focussed ideas. She uses a range of approaches and works collaboratively with the child and family to find the model that best suits the individual. Cyra is passionate about providing her clients with a warm, collaborative and supportive space for them to explore and understand their difficulties and to work together to find solutions to a range of concerns.
Cyra is a registered member of The Health Professions Council (HCPC)
- BSc Hons in Psychology – University of York
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology – Royal Holloway University
- Postgraduate Diploma in Systemic Therapy (Distinction) from The Institute of Family Therapy
- TAMHS Workshop at The British Psychological Society (BPS) Faculty for Children and Young People 12th Annual Conference (2010)
- Early Intervention For Families in Schools Presentation at The BPS Conference (2010)